Christina's header
Thursday
04/20/17

Suggestions for Vegas

Posted by caaponte on April 20, 2017 in Uncategorized

As a predental student, my life essentially revolves around school and studying and resume building but as of recently I have been trying to do things more to build myself as a person and not just what “looks good” written in black and white. So I hope that my blog mirrors that and is not just about school. Because although important, we are more than what is on the syllabus right?

At the end of the semester, my family is going to Las Vegas. (About as far away from a academic-related blog I could go, am I right?) My father’s girlfriend has tons of family from there so I am looking forward to meeting them and exploring Vegas for the first time. They have a dental school there I’d also like to check out (quick academic-related addition) and of course exercise my right as a newly 21-year-old in the United States of America.

Any restaurants/ foods/ places I should visit/try? With a newly purchased GoPro, I am looking for just about any excuse to use it. In my free time, I edit videos and add music and effects to remember each trip in a different way than just through photos. Photos can say 1000 words but I think videos can leave you without words. Far greater of an effect.

We leave a week after the semester ends and so I will spend that time looking up where we should go but I will love to be surrounded by the mountains once again (missing the Andes Mountains in Chile always). Hikes will be planned, the Hoover Dam will be visited, shows will be watched, money will be gained in the casinos (hopefully), and of course, I would love to share a “Cheers” with my dad.