2022 Student Assistant Opportunity with University Communications-PAID
Posted by Tim on April 19, 2022 in Job Opportunity, Networking, Student Job Opportunities
Title: Social Media Multimedia Content and Engagement Assistant
UB Department: University Communications
Supervisor: Kaileigh Saeva, Social Media Specialist, email@example.com
716-645-4577, 330 Crofts Hall, UB North Campus
Application Due Date: April 27th, 2022
Application Deadline: Applications accepted immediately, until position is filled
Position Start / End Date: Flexible start dates beginning May 2022
Paid Position? Yes ($13.20/hr)
UB’s division of University Communications (UC) is responsible for university-wide communications and marketing — including branding, media relations, digital (web, social media), editorial/content, and creative design — for the University at Buffalo (UB). The division is highly visible, nationally recognized, and its award-winning communication products represent the public face of the university. As a member of UC’s Digital Communications & Strategy team, you will help us transform the way content is created, distributed and tracked on social media, the web, and other digital communication platforms. You will support the department’s efforts to monitor and shape perceptions, fulfill information needs and provide exceptional service to external and internal audiences of UB.
As our Social Media Multimedia Content and Engagement Assistant you will focus on promoting UB by creating multimedia assets with strong visual acuity to amplify and enhance the research, stories and people of UB.
Additional tasks include:
- Developing thoughtful and inspiring written and multimedia content for social media
- Including social videos (such as Instagram stories and TikToks)
- Monitoring and engaging with online audiences.
You will also learn how to communicate on behalf of the brand and capture UB’s distinct mission and culture.
The successful candidate will:
- Be highly motivated, professional, creative and excited to learn
- Bring ideas and inspirations to the table
- Be comfortable working in a high-productivity team environment
- Embrace an inclusive environment and will strive to showcase our diverse community
- Demonstrate strong social media, visual and editorial skills
- Be a current SUNY student (mandatory)
- Ideally, the candidate will remain a SUNY student through May 2023 or later
- This PAID student position requires a weekly commitment of 15-20 hours during the academic semester. Hours are available during breaks.
- Due to current construction on Crofts Hall, this position does NOT require in-person work and can be executed remotely until renovations are completed sometime in the Summer of 2022.
The Social Media Content/Engagement Assistant will work directly with the Social Media Specialist and collaboratively with other members of the UC team to accomplish the following goals:
- Plan, write, produce and distribute graphics, copy, video, multimedia and other content on social media
- Assist in management and administration of UB’s top-level social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and TikTok)
- Coordinate cross-unit social media campaigns
- Continually monitor, identify and engage with our online audiences
- Support digital analytics activities
- Required Skills
- Strong understanding of, and experience using social media (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and TikTok)
- Excellent writing (esp. for social)
- Good handling of visual presentation
- Knowledge of editing tools including Canva, Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator
- Additional Skills
- Video production skills, especially knowledge of video editing tools (proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro is a plus)
- A strong visual (e.g. photo selection) aesthetic
- You should:
- Have a keen sense of individual responsibility and initiative.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Be able to handle multiple and varied assignments. Effective time management and adherence to deadlines.
- Be a strong verbal communicator.
- Be comfortable collaborating with others and taking direction; Respect for authority and diverse viewpoints
- Apply via Bullseye (Job ID: #6279271)
- Make sure to submit your resume, cover letter and work samples via Bullseye!
- Complete the pre-qualification form: https://forms.gle/zUYTnXaVqxhaBPSn9
Applications are being accepted immediately with a cut off of April 27, 2022. Start date is flexible.
The University at Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer