Become an HON 102: Honors Colloquium Teaching Assistant! Deadline to apply is February 28th
Posted by Tim on February 7, 2022 in Honors Experiences, Honors Program Announcements, Teaching Opportunities
Applications for spring 2023 Honors Colloquium Teaching Assistants are now open! Deadline to apply is Monday, February 28, 2022 at noon.
A virtual information session will be held on Friday, February 11th from 2:00-2:45pm to provide more information and answer your questions.
RSVP for the information session here: https://forms.gle/LPyi1fxkFT21LtbM9. Zoom details will be sent the morning of February 11th.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain teaching and leadership skills while completing up to five Honors College experience credits! Spring 2023 HON 102: Honors Colloquium will again consist of approximately 16-18 sections (with roughly 20-24 students in each), led by an upper-class Honors Colloquium Teaching Assistant. The course will continue to provide an opportunity for students to delve into the city of Buffalo through research, community engagement, and small group projects. TAs will enroll in a one credit hour training course in the fall semester (first-time TAs will also complete a digital badge for an additional Honors experience credit), and earn three credits for teaching their section in the spring semester.
Teaching Assistant Minimum Qualifications:
- Successful completion of HON 102: Freshmen Honors Colloquium with an A- or better.
- Good standing in the Honors College.
- Be able to enroll in HON 495 in fall 2022 (one credit – Pass/Fail) and spring 2023 (three credits – Pass/Fail).
- Have completed at least 60 academic credit hours by the end of summer 2022 (this includes AP, IB, and transfer work).
- Be available to facilitate one section of HON 102 in the spring 2023 semester.
For information and to complete an application visit: https://honors.buffalo.edu/curriculum/colloquium/ta-application.php