Become an Honors College Peer Mentor!
Posted by Tim on May 31, 2022 in Community Announcements, Networking, Volunteering, Volunteers Needed
*ATTENTION RISING SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS, AND SENIORS*
We need your help! We have almost 250 incoming Honors Scholars who have requested an Honors College peer mentor.
If you are interested in serving as a Peer Mentor in the Honors Connections Program during the 2022-2023 academic year, please fill out our brief onlineapplication: https://forms.gle/AXGNRPwn9S2kNUudA by Friday, June 10th.
The Honors College Peer Mentor Program is designed to help first-year Honors students adjust to life at UB and to the Honors College experience. Our intent is that through this program, our incoming students feel welcome at UB and excited to be a part of the Honors College community.
As an Honors Connections Program Mentor you will be expected to:
- Attend a brief virtual mentor orientation this summer (details to follow)
- Reach out to your mentee(s) prior to the start of the fall semester to welcome them to UB/Honors
- Meet with your mentee(s) once during the first two weeks of classes via zoom or in-person (each mentor may have 1-3 mentees)
- Encourage participation in Honors College and campus-wide activities
- Help answer general questions or concerns your mentee(s) may have
In general, we hope that each mentor will help make the transition to college a little easier for our new Honors College Scholars.
If selected, Honors Peer Mentors will be required to submit a short profile of themselves to be shared with their peer mentee, including a photo.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as we are able.