Posted by Tim on October 11, 2021 in Academics, Competitions, Event
UB’s Blackstone LaunchPad has been granted $4,000 to award to students as part of the LaunchPad Ideas Competition.
The competition is completely virtual, hosted now through October 21st, where students apply to compete in one of 4 tracks:
- Social and Climate Impact: sustainability, education, human rights, poverty alleviation, racial and social justice, etc.
- Health & Life Sciences: biotech, health & medical science, healthcare
- Consumer Products & Services
The winners from each of the 4 tracks will received $1,000 and invitation to represent UB in the network round where they have an opportunity to compete for $10,000 in the various tracks.
I’m reaching out to invite your team to support this initiative by:
- Leveraging your listserves, newsletters, and social media to amplify this opportunity for students; and
- Make available any opportunities to engage with students through pop-up events, tabling, and/or passive digital/static signage.
This is a great opportunity to provide our students an avenue to impact change. Bonus – if UB recruits the greatest number of ideas submitted, we’ll win $10,000 for our campus and most importantly bragging rights.
We’re competing with schools in the following bracket:
- University of Central Florida
- Texas A&M University
- New York University UT Austin
- USC UCLA
- College of Southern Nevada
- UT Arlington
- UC Berkeley
- Temple University
- UC Davis
- UC San Diego
- UC Irvine
- University at Buffalo
- UT San Antonio
- UT Dallas
Thanks much for your consideration and I welcome your ideas to partner with UB’s LaunchPad in hosting this program. Please contact me to coordinate efforts.
Graphic assets and sample marketing messages available in this UB Box: https://buffalo.box.com/s/16s3fthytzx06g0956dk0ijjm8uffr5w