Posted by Tim on September 13, 2021 in Academics, Honors Experiences, Internships, Research Information and Opportunities
We would like to inform you of the 3rd edition of the Fulbright Canada- Mitacs Globalink internship program that will allow exceptional U.S. undergraduate students to do an internship in Canada during the 2022 summer semester.
This programwill provide high performing students with the opportunity to be part of a 10 to 12-week research internship under the supervision of Canadian university faculty members in a variety of academic disciplines, from science, engineering and mathematics to the humanities and social sciences.
Mitacs, our partner in this initiative, is a federally funded, national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for some 20 years. Working with 70 universities, 6,000 companies, and both federal and provincial governments, they support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
You can see the list of available projects here (disregards the deadline that is mentioned). You do not need to select a project at this stage, should you be selected you will select the project(s) of your interest in a second round.
The application deadline is OCT 15 2021.
Fulbright Canada – Mitacs Globalink program
1. U.S. students will come to Canada to undertake advanced research projects.
2. Projects will cover a broad cross-section of research topics including most academic disciplines.
3. Students will spend 10 to 12 weeks (May – August) in Canada on a research project in their area of interest.
4. Students will be placed at a Canadian university and undertake a supervised research project.
5. Students will have extensive opportunities for cultural, social, and recreational experiences.
Participants in this program must:
1. be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited university located in the United States ;
2. be a United States citizen, and hold a valid U.S. passport;
3. have at least one semester remaining in their program of study as of Fall 2022 (this program is not suitable for 1st-year NOR last year students);
4. ideal candidates will have finished their third year in the year they are doing their internship;
5. have a competitive grade point average;
6. be available to spend between 10 to 12 weeks in Canada between May and August;
7. apply by October 15, 2021 at 10 PM EST
Students who participate in this program will have:
1. access to the prestigious worldwide Fulbright network (the Globalink program will not impact the eligibility to apply for Fulbright Student programs);
2. access to some of Canada’s top research facilities;
3. the opportunity to gain valuable international experience;
4. a rewarding experience combining academic research, professional skills, and personal growth; and,
5. a grant of up to CAD$7800
To apply, students must provide:
1. a completed application online form;
2. unofficial transcripts from their home university or college;
3. a two-page Curriculum Vitae (CV);
4. two letters of reference (to be submitted by Sept 30)- see submission details here;
5. a one-page personal statement- no final project needs to be identified at this time.
The program is highly competitive. Students will be evaluated on a combination of factors including:
- their record of academic achievement,
- their personal statement,
- their current skills and interests
- fit to program
- letters of recommendation
- Email for Information requests: email@example.com
- Program website and application instructions are available here
- Register here for the Sept 23 Fulbright-MITACS Globalink Webinar– Submit a competitive application
Candidates can see projects on this page (disregard the deadline on this page).