Posted by Tim on October 25, 2019 in Community Announcements, Internships, Student Job Opportunities, Work Study Opportunity
The position details are below, and students can apply through handshake ID #3221960. They are accepting it as an assistant position or a work study position.
This work study student employee will be an assistant to the Outreach Coordinator, Michelle Bowen, in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences’ Office of Strategic Initiatives. We are looking for a Marketing, Graphic Design, Visual Studies and/or Communications student. The Office of Strategic Initiatives supports and manages the day-to-day operations, communications, and education missions of
- Shared Instrumentation Laboratories
- SMART Community of Excellence
- Stephen Still Institute for Sustainable Transportation and Logistics (SSISTL)
- Institute of Bridge Engineering (IBE)
- Institute of Computational and Data Sciences (ICDS)
OSI also supports many events within the School of Engineering.
- Assist in website edits and management on the UB CMS
- Assist in content creation for websites, social media and various print materials
- Assist in graphic design of various marketing materials, such as flyers, posters, brochures, powerpoint presentations, websites, programs, event collateral, etc.
- Assist in organizational tasks, such as creating excel spreadsheets, documents, or calendar appointments to keep information organized
- Assist in marketing meetings from time to time
- Assist in event coordination from time to time
- Any other assistance needed with various projects that our office must support
- Graphic design knowledge and experience (must provided samples of your work)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Knowledge and experience with Google applications: Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom
$13-15 / hr
- Course Schedule
- Graphic design portfolio / samples