Posted by Tim on February 14, 2022 in Honors Experiences, Research Information and Opportunities, Summer Research
Paid Summer Research!
Are you interested in Indigenous Studies and the Aleutian Islands of Alaska? Do you think it would be exciting and fun to live outside on a remote Aleutian Island for a month? If yes then this may be the summer research opportunity for you.
Our NSF-funded research team is seeking up to 2 students to join us for a mid-May – June 2022 archaeological field season on Agattu Island, Alaska. The work will be archaeological but no experience is necessary, we will train you. This position may be of particular interest to students of Indigenous heritage.
Please see our website for more details on the full research project: https://ine.uaf.edu/werc/aleutian-mercury
- Be a student (undergraduate or graduate) at University at Buffalo and eligible for campus employment through the summer,
- Have a good attitude under adverse outdoor conditions,
- Be able to tolerate long flights, traveling by boat, and extremely limited communication with the outside world,
- Be able to take part in field activities including digging with shovels, hauling heavy buckets, hiking on uneven ground in wilderness conditions.
Please email your application by February 25st 2022 to Drs. Caroline Funk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Nicole Misarti (email@example.com). Feel free to contact us before hand with any questions.
Include in your email:
- Any relevant field work (even if not archaeological)
- your CV/resume (include your GPA)
- Names and contact information of 2 references