Posted by Tim on February 7, 2022 in Honors Experiences, Internships
What you will be doing:
The Social Media Specialist Intern will work collaboratively with the UUP Buffalo Center Chapter Communications Committee to enhance the social media communication efforts and goals of the chapter.
If social media is your passion, consider joining our team to foster an engaging social presence that reflects the UUP and UUP Buffalo Center chapter brands, while deepening our relationships with our audiences, creating opportunities for them to engage and share their pride.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to help manage the Buffalo Center chapter’s primary social media channels and create engaging digital content that supports the strategic goals of the union and connects with our audiences.
You would be responsible for:
- Planning, coordinating, scheduling, and publishing original and curated posts on the Buffalo Chapter’s social media channels
- Monitoring and responding to social posts and comments
- Creating engaging written, visual and multimedia social content
- Identifying opportunities to create engagement
- Support regular reporting on channel and post-performance
- Which will be about this ratio:
- 40% Writing, and curating social content
- 30% Listening, responding to and helping constituents
- 10% Strategizing, researching, and planning
- 10% Analyzing past social performance
- 10% Collaborating with team members
What we are looking for:
The Social Media Specialist position requires an understanding of institutional social media communications and a high comfort level working on these platforms as a professional.
What you need:
- Strong storytelling skills
- Strong understanding of and experience using social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat)
- Video production skills, esp. knowledge of video editing tools
- Excellent writing (esp. for social) and visual (e.g. photo selection, video production) skills
- Keen sense of individual responsibility and initiative. Enthusiastic team player.
- Able to handle multiple and varied assignments. Effective time manager.
- Strong verbal communicator.
- Comfortable collaborating with others and taking direction; Respect for authority and diverse viewpoints
- UB student in good academic standing
- One to two years of experience developing digital content (written, multimedia, visual) or managing social media activity for an organization or corporation on or off campus
- Flexibility in working evenings and weekends, monitoring and responding to social media activity
What’s in it for you:
- Networking opportunities across the university
- Establish a knowledge of communications, experience in non-profit organization, and establishing institutional social media
- Enhance written and oral communication and marketing skills
- Develop digital marketing and communication skills
- Creative work environment
- Collaborative culture
- About 10 hours per week of real-world experience over the semester.
If interested, please submit the following documents to Domenic J. Licata at email@example.com:
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position
- Any relevant samples of previous social media or multimedia work
Who We Are:
UUP Buffalo Center Chapter
UB North Campus, 150 The Commons
Start date: Spring 2021
Questions? Contact Domenic J. Licata < firstname.lastname@example.org >