Posted by Tim on January 18, 2022 in Career Oportunities, Honors Experiences, Internships, Job Opportunity
West Herr Automotive Group is looking for students interested in a career in business that are ready for a challenging and rewarding internship. The goal of the internship program is to give you a broad understanding of the automotive business as well as gaining valuable, real-world sales and customer service experience. You will learn about the different sales responsibilities including the consultative sales process, lead generation, gathering competitive intelligence and tactics on how to retain & build a business. Our award-winning sales and service teams have made us one of the most recognized and respected companies in Buffalo & Rochester.
Why West Herr:
- Perfect opportunity to join a fast-growing company
- Work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment that is both competitive and fun
- Gain real life hands-on business experience
- Assist/shadow top producing salespeople and management
- Named Buffalo’s Business First Best Places to Work since 2005
- Be assigned a dedicated mentor
- Family oriented, locally owned and operated since 1950
- Representing 23 brands with 32 locations in Buffalo, Rochester & Syracuse
- The largest Automotive dealership in WNY & the 19th largest automotive dealer in the US
- Opportunities for career advancement upon graduation
This internship is well-suited for business, finance, communication, marketing, management, and general business majors. This internship will also include additional classroom training that will cover sales techniques and dealership operations. You will be involved in hands on training sessions with the opportunity to implement. West Herr skills are transferable to any business-related field. If you are a student with a desire to succeed within a reputable company, consider applying.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university.
- Must be a self-starter with good time management skills
- Have taken a variety of business courses
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience involving customer interaction is beneficial
- Must be driven and coach-able
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong understanding of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel within the Buffalo area
- Must have a clean and valid Driver’s License.
Long-term career opportunities are also available following the internship.
At West Herr, it’s not just a job, it’s a Career.
Interested applicants may email: Sherri Callahan @ email@example.com or submit an application on handshake.
West Herr Automotive Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.