Posted by Tim on May 11, 2023 in Honors Experiences, Internships, Sustainability
The Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy is a nonprofit organization that stewards Buffalo’s historic Olmsted park system to welcome and benefit all.
BOPC is looking for an enthusiastic college intern for the Summer 2023 semester! This internship is a great match for students pursuing degrees in communications, marketing, graphic design, and other fields.
Students will gain valuable skills in communications and marketing planning, social media marketing, brand coordination, project planning and project management, writing, and interpersonal communication. Interns will be part of the Development and Communications team, which is a highly collaborative group of professionals, and will interact with every level of the organization, including staff, volunteers, and community partners.
Intern projects and responsibilities are typically divided between office work and field work; some tasks can be done remotely. Intern projects for the Summer 2023 semester may include:
• Capturing and creating content for digital marketing including social media channels and email communication
• Planning digital communications calendars
• Supporting preparation and planning for the 2023 FLO Gala
• Assisting with media opportunities, community events, and sponsorship fulfillment, including taking photos
• Research projects, including analyzing communications data
• Website audit
• Other related duties to assist the BOPC staff
• Current college student (must be 18 years of age or older)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Experience with graphic design software a plus
• Attention to detail
• 10-12 hours per week, with flexible scheduling
• Must have reliable transportation
Summer 2023 Internship:
• June 5 – August 18 (approximate)
• Application Deadline: May 22, 2023
• Potential interns will be asked to come to Buffalo Olmsted Park Conservancy’s office for an interview after submitting their application.
To Apply: Please send an email with a few sentences on why you’d like to be an intern with Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy to firstname.lastname@example.org